BSSWA Student Dress Code
As of the 2020 - 2021 school year, students will no longer be required to wear uniforms in the building, however, they must adhere to proper attire while in the building.
- Clothing should not be disruptive to the educational process or be offensive to members of the BSSWA community both in and out of the classroom.
- Clothing that degrades members of the school community in relation to the following actual or perceived characteristics is prohibited: race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), gender identity, economic status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence or sexual offense.
- Clothing may not contain images depicting or promoting alcohol, tobacco, drugs, obscenity or violence.
- Students may wear hoodies, however, the hoods must not be worn in the building.
- Clothing on the lower body must cover the genitalia and buttocks at all times.
- Clothing on the upper body must cover the chest, midriff, and back.
- Undergarments should not be visible, even when paired with other transparent clothing.
- PPE masks must be worn at all times, excluding lunch time, when students should be at a minimum of 6 feet away from each other.